Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spring Fashion Tips for the Non-Girly

I've always loved the "toughness" of fall fashion and it's my favorite season to shop & dress. So when spring comes around I find myself groaning at all the pastels and florals on the rack. These are some tips I use, and hopefully you find helpful, to toughen up that spring wardrobe.


Tip 1: Take advantage of floral prints by wearing them on jeans. Jeans are going to be less girly by nature so this floral look isn't as cutesy if the pattern were on a dress or skirt. I got this pair of jeggings from Asos, similar here.

Tip 2: Pair a spring pattern with combat boots. In this picture I embodied said tip and the prior tip in one outfit but you could also pair combat boots with a dress or skirt. Boots are by Ecote, similar here.



Tip 3: Pair a bomber/biker jacket with it. This tulip shaped, floral dress is as girly as they come, but I like to put a black bomber jacket over it to help toughen up the look. You can find a similar jacket here or here.



Tip 4: Don't want to wear florals or pastels at all? Simply trade in some darker hued pieces of your wardrobe that still carry the heaviness of winter for nude colors. I bought these nude flats to swap out with my (many pairs of) black shoes for a lighter, spring look.

Hope this helps all you tough gals have an easier transition to Spring!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment